State fair food season is right around the corner which reminds me of a quote in this article from 2009 that epitomizes what Fried Stuff with Cheese is about.
When people come, they like anything that’s on a stick or deep fried.
The best items always seem to start with “deep-fried…” and end with “…on a stick”. It makes me want go buy friedstuffonastick.com.
I like a traditional funnel cake. Simple. Sweet. And big enough to share.
Why do people like state fair food so much?
- Its relatively cheap.
- Everyone else is eating it so why shouldn’t you?
- It smells so damn good!
- It’s probably safer than the rides!
But the Wisconsin State Fair always has some over-the-top state fair food items that make half the people cringe and the other half salivate. New state fair food items include:
- Deep-fried, bacon-wrapped Tater Tots on-a-stick
- Deep-fried, bacon-wrapped cheddar hot dog on a stick
- Sweet potato fries with marshmallow dipping cream
- A Chimi-Nutella, which is banana, Nutella, cinnamon, pecans and powdered sugar in a flour tortilla
What’s your favorite state fair food? Let us know in the comments!